Triforce Syndicate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks

5 posters

Go down

Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks Empty Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks

Post by Envy Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Microsoft’s recent mass banning of users of modded consoles from Xbox Live apparently did not go far enough – banned users are now learning that they can no longer use their console’s HDD for any meaningful purpose, with installation to the drive no longer possible on a blacklisted console…
An abridged description of the changes:

Firstly, and most obviously, you cannot connect to Xbox Live on this console any more. This means no more game updates (aka title updates), XBLA games, marketplace content, netflix/sky player and so on. There is no way around this, all online capabilities are now disabled PERMANENTLY.
Hard Drive installs are now disabled on the banned console. This means any disk-based games you have will no longer play off of the hard drive.
There is no way to fix this, that functionality is simply gone from the banned 360.
Windows Media Centre functionality is disabled. It is still possible to stream video/music content via the video library.
So, in summary:
Your Banned 360:
* Cannot go on Xbox Live
* Cannot install games to the HDD
* Cannot use Windows Media Centre extender
* Cannot be used to get achievements from backups without corrupting your profile"

With no warranty, Internet access, or even hard drive, it might have been kinder just to “brick” the consoles and render them entirely inoperative…

Source: SC
Envy
Envy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks Empty Re: Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks

Post by Oracle_The_Dream Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Well then..Sucks to be those idiots.
Oracle_The_Dream
Oracle_The_Dream

https://www.youtube.com/user/OracleOfSyrinx

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks Empty Re: Microsoft Bans Xbox 360 Pirates from Own Hard Disks

Post by Envy Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:03 pm

Doesn't it....my dad asked me once was it worth to get it modded cause one of his friends were getting his Xbox360 modded really cheap.
Envy
Envy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 pm

*ahem*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Ha.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Envy Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:51 am

Bad Seph bad Smile
Envy
Envy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyratingyak Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:32 pm

This is a case of Sh*t Happens When You Party Naked Very Happy I mean not like literally, that could get creepy.
Gyratingyak
Gyratingyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:22 pm

I don't know. Seemed like fun to me.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Daimaru Hyuuga Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:45 am

Why not get a bypass code? Wouldnt that work? You can do that on Wiis

I have Shaw (Some E-mail company) 's IP adress so I can do pretty much anything I want with it, but im nice Very Happy
Daimaru Hyuuga
Daimaru Hyuuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephiroth Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:50 pm

I see...
Sephiroth
Sephiroth

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down